LAST REVISED: April 23, 2014
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide via the Websites ("Personal Information"). The Personal Information collected on the Websites may include some or all of the following: name, job title, gender, user name, or contact information such as street address, phone number, email address, and any other information you may voluntarily provide. You have the choice whether or not to disclose Personal Information, however, some parts of the Websites will be impossible to use if you do not disclose Personal Information. Therefore, at times, you may be requested to voluntarily supply Us with your Personal Information. Generally this information is requested when you:
- Submit an inquiry or registration form;
- Participate in some of the online activities We run from time to time;
- Subscribe or purchase one of Our online services, such as online training content; or
- Communicate with Us (via e-mail, phone, postal mail, etc.).
Use of Personal Information
- We may use your Personal Information for any of the following purposes:
- To understand how users use the Websites.
- To administer or to help Us develop and improve the Websites or Our offerings.
- To respond to specific requests from users.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Websites.
- To send notices of special promotions, offers or solicitations
- To conduct market research surveys.
- To promote and market Our business and various products.
- To provide you with the services you request or are otherwise offered through the Websites.
- Conducting market research surveys
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer.
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, neither We nor any of the Websites follow the Do Not Track setting of your web browser.
Sharing of Information
- We may share Personal Information with third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- In connection with a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or when otherwise required by law, rule or regulation.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, or similar event.
- Working with third party companies to support the Websites' technical operation.
If you do not wish to receive further information about Our products or services, please tick the appropriate box on the registration form. If you wish to opt-out of any future communications from Us following registration, please email Us your request to opt-out of any such communications at Data.Protection@avotraining.com.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We intend to continue improving the content and function of the Websites. For this reason, We may monitor customer traffic patterns and Website usage to help Us improve the design and layout of Our Websites. As such, in addition to Personal Information provided to Us as identified above, We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information. For example, Our web servers may automatically identify computers by their IP addresses, and We may use certain tracking technologies (such as cookies), as further described below. We and each of Our service providers may use this non-personally identifiable information to analyze trends, administer the Websites, track users' movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We will not link these IP addresses to Personal Information.
Our Websites may use tracking technologies such as "cookies" to provide users with tailored information upon each return visit. Cookies are a common part of many websites that allow small text files to be sent by a website, accepted by your web browser, and then placed on your hard drive as recognition token. Every time you visit the Website, cookies may record basic technical information, such as your domain name, the address of the last URL visited prior to the Websites, your browser, and your operating system. You do not need to enable cookies to visit the Websites; however, some parts of the Websites will be impossible to use if cookies are disabled. Cookies do not contain any Personal Information.
Updating Personal Information
You control the accuracy of your Personal Information. If your Personal Information changes, please correct, update or delete it by providing notice to Us at Data.Protection@avotraining.com.
After termination of your account, We will have no obligation to maintain or provide any of your Personal Information and may thereafter, unless legally prohibited, delete all of your Personal Information in Our systems or otherwise in Our possession or under Our control. We may also retain all or a subset of your Personal Information for business or legal purposes.
Protection of Information
While We will take reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information, no transmission of data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, given the electronic nature of the Internet, by using the Websites, you accept the inherent risks in doing so, including, but not limited to, the security risks of interception, unauthorized access, the risks of corruption and the risks of viruses or other harmful devices.
Third Party Links
The Websites may contain links to other applications or websites that may not be owned or operated by Us. We cannot control nor are responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other applications or websites. Credit card or other financial information submitted by you during the online purchase of products and services on the Websites are not visible, collected or stored by Us, either on the Websites, or any other system managed by Us. All credit card transactions are processed directly via a third-party payment processor, and at no point during the payment transaction is credit card or other financial information available to Us. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each application that you use and website that you visit.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years old. If you are under 18 years old, you may use the Websites only with the permission and involvement of your parent(s) or guardian.